Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hearts Song.

I just love listening to the Christian radio station. I find so much encouragement for my heart, mind and spirit. It has a way of encouraging , soothing, and uplifting my spirit. On many occasions I have been found praising the Lord while listening to the radio and cleaning the house or cooking a meal. Lately I have noticed the effect on my sons. Especially Ezra who will identify with a song and start singing along to the best of his ability. That is so precious!

Recently though, there has been a song in particular that has really touched my heart. The words are exactly how I feel in this time of my life. The song is by a group of 4 Canadian Christian men, aptly named Downhere. The song was actually written as a prayer, by the co lead singer/ song writer Jason Germain. The song is from the album "The End is the Beginning," and is titled "Here I am".

The second verse really touches me and speaks to where my heart is in the healing and trusting in Jesus. Just a day or so after the miscarriage, I would hear this song on the radio and the tears would start streaming down my checks during this verse. I find so much peace, comfort and encouragement knowing God has all the pieces and knows how they fit together and has a plan and a purpose for ALL of our lives.

The chorus:

Here I am, Lord send me
All of my life, I make an offering,
Here I am, Lord send me
Somehow my story is a part of Your plan,
Here I am

When setbacks and failures, and upset plans
Test my faith and leave me with empty hands
Are You not the closest when it's hardest to stand
I know that you will finish what You began


And these broken parts You will redeem
Become the song that I can sing


Chorus

Overwhelmed by the thought of my weakness
And the fear that I'll fail You in the end
In this mess, I'm just one of the pieces,
I can't put this together but You can


Chorus

If you have not heard it or would like to you can Google it and see a concert version on You-tube.


I identify with the lyrics b/c of how I feel they relate to my own current state of mind. I have to admit that the Christian music has really influenced my healing and strengthened my heart and mind towards trusting and obeying God and his word. I remembering hearing about undergrads who conducted studies on how music can have or has a healing effect on people. I know that it is important to use caution on what we see and hear b/c it can influence us in unimaginable ways. The thought that what goes in can produce good or bad in us and can influences others as it makes it's way out of us and into the world we live.

Encouraging you to listen and focus your attention on God and things that will build you up and pull you closer to your creator, the Almighty God and Gracious Redeemer Jesus.

What is so inspiring about Christian music, are the messages that the artists convey. This is done not only in music/lyrics but with instrumental talent. The inspiration is actually drawn from thoughts they have during their quiet times with the LORD. These gifted song writers not only receive a blessing from their devotions but also through sharing those intimate moments of God's inspiration with us.

So next time you have a powerful inspiring devotional consider sharing it with someone and maybe you will receive a blessing too. (You don't have to write a song, unless you feel the inspiration to do so).

No comments: