Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter (Belated).

I hope everyone had a very Happy Easter. We certainly did, although it was a very busy day. What a wonderful celebration of Life of Christ and especially the Life we have in him since he conquered the grave.

Here are a few things we did with our sons this weekend to teach them about Jesus and to prepare them for the Resurrection Celebration. I had a wonderful time with my sons Friday night making Resurrection Cookies. Not the tastiest cookies but the process was quite interesting and spiritually informative. (I will post that recipe, unless you are momys with a cookbook and you can find it under the cookie section.) This was a great way to incorporate scripture and baking to emphasize the arrest, trial, death and resurrection of Jesus. With the addition of each ingredient you read a corresponding scripture and then ending up with the cookies in the oven, turning off the temp. and leaving them in the oven overnight with duct tape on the sides of the oven symbolizing that the tomb was sealed shut. If you want a new Easter tradition to do with the children, that doesn't involve the coloring of Easter Eggs and the Easter Bunny than this is recipe is for you. (I even got my 2yr old daughter to participate.)

Well this weekend has been a tiring one. So I apologize for not keeping up with the posts. I will try to get plenty of sleep and keep up better this following week.

I had a great talk today with a sweet person today. I find myself in a comfortable yet not so new position. With out to much detail, I have some similar issues in common with this sweet person. B/c I am a bit older and wiser due to my experiences dealing with these issues, I was able to offer a helpful insight. I know what I was saying hit home b/c the tears were present. What I was encouraging her to do was very sensitive yet also very beneficial. It really touched me to know that what I was offering her to do was just what I am trying to do myself. I think though it is much harder for this sweet person to learn and do simply b/c she doesn't have the support at home. I really think God gives us our trials and situations so that we can help encourage and support others either just beginning the journey we are one and half way through.

God is so good. He knows the best way we can understand healing is by helping others and get our minds off our own problems and offer sound advice to to those who are looking for some.

Well a few prayer concerns, my fil is flying out this week for six weeks he will be in OHIO, our car is looking like it needs some repairs, and this sweet person who needs to find and rest in the joy and peace of Jesus.

No comments: