Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What is True Love. (part 2, my continued thoughts.)

When I began this post I meant to write so many other thoughts along with the ones already posted. Unfortunately I was preoccupied and unable to complete and continue on as planned. So for those of you who remember watching a TV program as a child and at the end of the episode, seeing the phrase appear on the screen, "To Be Continued". Count your self either lucky or blessed with great timing and fortunate to catch my, "To Be Continued thoughts on What is True Love."

I have been struggling with this and other thoughts that I will share shortly. I am referring to this line of thinking as to what does a Christian person consider is " True Love". As for the world's view I am sure we all know the angle that they have choosen to follow. More commonly known is the world's view on " True Love" as opposite of a Christians perspective. Most people may consider "True Love" is what they feel or have with their spouse or child/children. Which is pretty odd considering the rate of divorce and the decline in generational population, (referring to each passing generation having smaller families and less children overall. ) Not to affirm that those kinds of love aren't important and valuable, but their is one far more greater and valuable.
That is the Love of our Lord and Saviour Jesus.

Of any person who has ever existed, Jesus exemplifies what "True Love" is all about. Remember what Jesus asked Peter, "Do you love me", Peter's reply was "Yes, Lord" and Jesus answers, " then feed my sheep". Ask your self How did Jesus want Peter to show his "True Love" to Jesus? Yet what about this other phrase we so often hear and know " If you love me than keep my commandments. What are those commandments you say? Well of course they are the Ten commandments and then on top of those the nearly 50 commandments Jesus mentions in the 4 gospels. As most of us already know the greatest 2 commandments are; Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength, while we are also suppose to love our neighbor as our self. (In some cases that would include or enemies as well.)

My main reason for this topic was to understand the purpose and reason why Jesus was born a virgin and followed his Heavenly Father's plan to die for all mankind. In one word, Sacrifice! It was Jesus sol purpose and desire to please his Heavenly Father and give his life for the "ransom of many.

Like this song, (sing along if you know it)

He paid a debt he did not owe, I owed a debt I could not pay, I needed someone to wash my sins away, and now I sing a brand new song, Amazing Grace all day long, Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay.

That sacrifice that Jesus paid is far more valuable to me than anything I will ever own and or ever want to own. Giving of one's self is one of the best gifts we can give. Especially if it is receiving the Best gift God could ever give, His precious son Jesus.

No comments: