Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Music is Healing.

I just wanted to share a couple songs that have really touched my heart and have helped my heart heal through this difficult time.

Something I have learned from this first song is that NO matter what we go through in life, our reaction should always be to "Praise the Lord". I know it is not usually one of our first reactions nor does it come easy. I think that usually praising God comes after so many other grief emotions. I am learning though as tough as our trials and struggles may be, God still loves us.

Praise you in the storm by Casting Crowns
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms

I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth

Chorus

This next song has brought me so much comfort b/c it describes how we feel or our emotional reaction to life's unexpected trials and yet through all Jesus is holding us. Knowing that we are not alone and that our Savior has us firmly in his hands. The safest place to be in the hands of our Almighty God.


Held by Natalie Grant


Two months is too little
They let him go
They had no sudden healing
To think that providence
Would take a child from his mother
While she prays, is appalling
Who told us we'd be rescued
What has changed and
Why should we be saved from nightmares
We're asking why this happens to us
Who have died to live, it's unfair
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held
This hand is bitterness
We want to taste it and
Let the hatred numb our sorrows
The wise hand opens slowly
To lilies of the valley and tomorrow
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held
If hope is born of suffering
If this is only the beginning
Can we not wait, for one hour
Watching for our savior
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held
[Repeat Chorus]
This is what it means to be held

If you are dealing with something difficult, maybe listening to some up lifting, God inspiring, worshiping songs may be helpful for your healing also.

I really enjoy listening to the radio in the kitchen and all through out the house. I prefer Christian music b/c of the effect it has on my spirit and attitude. I specifically enjoy KLOVE. You can find a radio station just about anywhere you live. Or look on the web at their web site, Klove.com. They have a streaming audio that is really nice too.

Blessing for your healing. Remember true healing comes only from one source. God and Jesus who can heal all wounds.

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.

He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.

Amen

1 comment:

Mountain Family said...

I love both those songs and have used them to uplift me through tough times before. :o)

-Kat