Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Opening our Home and Hearts.

I have wanted to share this story for a while now, but just did not know how to. Well prayerfully I have given this over to God in hope that He will be glorified by everything shared.

I do not know about you, or how you look at your life or life's purpose. I look at my life and life's purpose is to Serve and Honor God. I am not perfect in how I do this. I pray and try to allow God to use me in any capacity that he chooses.

Here is my story and experience how God blessed me and my family and allowed us to be blessings too.

In April of 2008 a friend of mine asked me and my dh if we would consider sheltering her/their daughter. She explained to me certain circumstances and in prayerful consideration my dh and I agreed that God wanted us to allow him to use us in this way.

So Beth came to stay with us in late April. She was a quiet spirit who seemed to have lots of hidden areas of her heart. In just a short time I began to realize some of the issues that made her so guarded. For a great part of her short life she has had to face many different trials.

One of these was being rejected by so many people. Beth was adopted by my friend and dh and family when she was almost 10. Before then, she was shuffled to homes that were never a permanent solution.

Broken and in much need of unconditional love, and forgiveness Beth arrived to assist me in household chores and caring for my children. Little did I know how God had designed for her and her purpose in my life. Through many opportunities God gave me, I tried to encourage and build up her spirit and heart to trust and rely on God. I know God had his hand all over us and her while she was with us.

At the time Beth arrived and stayed with us, my youngest daughter (child) was 7 months old. Beth was in so much need of love and unconditional love. Something little babies are really good at. Beth responded so well to Jehosheba's love and need for her to love her back. I believe that was God's purpose in allowing those two to have a bond that helped both of them in their crucial development.

Through the short time Beth was with us we included her in our family. We treated her like one of our own children. Loved her as though she was from our flesh. Everyone showed Beth respect and love that I believe helped her to see how God looks at her. We realized early on that what Beth needed was not just love or unconditional love with hugs but affirmation in words. Beth needed to be praised, appreciated and reassured that she is a very precious gift from God. I spent a lot of one on one time with Beth. She was like my shadow, where I went she came along. She and I were able to share things in quiet conversation that allowed both of us healing in our hearts.

I realized that Beth is a beautiful young woman. A young woman God has many purposes for, and that God will continue to use in a mighty way. That God's purpose was not for me to be used and serve him and to be a blessing to Beth and her parents, but for Beth to be a blessing to me and my family.

When we were notified of Beth's departure it was bitter sweet. We knew God's timing was and is perfect. We were just so sadden to say "good bye". In the 5 short months Beth stayed with us we realized how much we loved her. Not b/c of anyone thing she did or gave, but b/c of who she was to us. It was difficult for me and my family to let her go, but we were letting her go into God's hands.

It was two weeks after Beth left that I concieved our little Ezekiel. In knowing God had blessed me to create a new life, I felt less sadened to Beth's departure. Little did I know that God was going to have his perfect will in my pregnancy. In a strange and sad way I feel the sadness even deeper b/c I don't have Beth to share this with. Even though Beth was only 15/16 years old, she had a listening heart that made her so easy to talk to, listen to and love.

I pray for Beth and her parents and family and God's will and hand be in all of their lives. I know God does not make mistakes. He had a purpose for allowing Beth and little Eziekiel in our lives. Unaware of what that purpose is/ was. I am very thankful to God for allowing us the opportunity to share in the joy of both of their lives.

I am resolved to this one simple thought. Whatever God allows to happen to me, or use me for His purpose, I will gladly be available. Even if it may not end the way I would like or with sorrow or sadness, I will gladly be available. No matter the journey or the outcome, God I am yours use me as you will.

A vessel ready to be used and poured out for HIS GLORY,
Crystal

No comments: