Friday, January 23, 2009

Trusting in God's plan.

Sometimes it is so difficult to understand why or how or what reasons God has for allowing challenges to occur in our lives. It is the human mind that questions reasons we could not even possibly comprehend. I am so glad I do not have the burden of making those decisions for everyone in the world.

Trying to understand the trials and struggles we face can sometimes only lead to more questions. That is unless we look at those trials and struggles the way the Bible shows us.

In James (one of my favorite books in the Bible), it says;
James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

There is a miracle that Jesus performs b/c of the disciples inquiry. There was a man who was blind from birth. The disciples asked Jesus for what reason was he born that way or basically "who sinned" him or his parents. Jesus answered them "No one has sinned" but rather he was born blind so that the power of God may be manifested in and through him.

I believe this is an answer many of us can accept. God allows many trials to happen to us or in our lives and it is b/c he wants the Glory. We need to put our focus off of our trials and onto him. I know how hard that is and in the midst of all the questions I can still trust in what he has planned for me.

A week ago I was having some painful contractions which lead to my son's early birth/ miscarriage. I had called my dh home from work so he could be with me and I could lean on him. Before he arrived home I found myself in the bathroom realizing that this was going to happen God's way. I knew at that moment whatever happened, I was not going to falter in my faith. I told God that "He is my God and will always be my God". No wavering. Though I may not know where this path leads, I can trust in my Shepherd who will guide the way.

Putting our trust completely in him, means we have to accept we are not in control. Just like that old hymm "Trust and Obey" ; "Trust and Obey for there is NO other way to be happy in Jesus, then to Trust and Obey. Can I be happy in trusting God in everything and in every detail of my life, Yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy your faith is staying strong. I wish I had been able to stand on that rock when I had my "worst" miscarriage (none is any better than another, but how they play out can be harder to deal with). My faith crashed hard at that point and took over a year to rebuild.

It is so wonderful that you are able to rest in peace and faith during this hard time.

-Kat